I’ll get right to it. Here are two ab exercises that are actually worth a damn.
The Hanging Leg Raise
- Elbows straight.
- Knees straight.
- No momentum.
- Control on the way up, AND down.
3 – 5 sets of 3 – 5 reps.
The Hollow Hold
- Low back pressed into the ground. (Low back is your balancing point. There should be no detectable arch.)
- Rib cage tucked.
- Arms straight, elbows straight.
3 sets x 60 seconds.
PS – It should be noted–as it shall be, right now–that direct ab work contributes, at most, 10% of what is required for an aesthetically pleasing midriff. Nutrition, the other 90%.
PPS – Yes, you can stack these. As I often do a set of leg raises, followed by a set of hollow holds, as outlined.