Is it ever for good reason? Sometimes, yes. Most times, probably not. Don’t matter though. Because sometimes we get the green light. That is, things are well oiled, and the machine is finely calibrated for a richly deserved ass kicking.
When timed properly, the proverbial smack down is quite often to the good. The outcome is surely as profound as the premises! Fat is blasted, the muscle making machinery is sparked, and you walk out of the gym feeling naturally enhanced, smiling like Bob.
Besides, there’s something to be said about redlining yourself from time to time, you know, just to see if you got the stuff. Testing your mettle, so to speak.
It’s best to be prepared at all times, my friends, because ye know not when the master of the house cometh home.
The House of Pain Kettlebell Workout
Here, the chief aim is survival. Secondarily, it’s poise under pressure.
Here are the recommended operating weights:
Males: a set of 20-24kg bells
Females: a set of 12-16kg bells.
Fresh Off the Yacht will be used to get the blood coursing:
- 5 x one arm swing
- 5 x cleans
- 5 x snatches
- 5 x jerks
- 5 x reverse lunges
Repeat on the left side to complete the complex. Run this complex twice.
- 5 x Double Swing
- 5 x Double Snatch
- 5 x Double Clean and Press
- 5 x Front Squat
- 5 x Push Up
- 8 x Double Clean
- 5 x Front Squat
- 5 x Double Clean
- 3 x Front Squat
- 3 x Double Clean
- 2 x Front Squat
- 2 x Double Clean
- 1 x Front Squat
- 8 sets x 6 reps of Hanging Leg Wipers
The Chronicles Of Strength Inner Circle
CLICK HERE to save your spot. I’ll definitely be taking QnA and I’ll be giving away some free goodies too, so don’t miss out!
The Inner Circle Newsletter (March):
- My unabashed thoughts on Crossfit
- The Truth About Cross Training
- How to Make a Strength and Conditioning Program that Doesn’t Suck
- My Thoughts on The Science of Exercise
- The Vital Few: My Selection of the Choicest Exercises for Full Body Strength and Power
- A Day In The LIfe of Pat Flynn. Oh Joy! Discover everything I do on a day to day basis to maintain my levels of health, strength and leanness. From what I eat for breakfast (if I do even eat breakfast…), to my daily training, to my daily mobility routines, and even my pre-sleep rituals. I’m laying it all out for you!
- Webinar Request Night! That’s right, you pick the topic, I give the presentation.
- More to Be Announced.
- 15 Minute Speed Coaching Calls. Bring It!
- The “Filthy Flynn Fifty”. 8 of my favorite movements. 50 reps of each. No mercy.
- The “Jagged Edge”. A crash course on uneven double kettlebell complex training.
- Paleo Jumbalya
- Meatballs and “Pasta”
Inner Circle Webinars (March):
Inner Circle Coaching Call In Days
Time Crunched Workouts of the Month:
Paleo Recipes of the Month:
Want all this and more?
Then CLICK HERE to join the Inner Circle. No obligation. Cancel anytime.