One thing about losing belly fat that you have to think about is what if you miss having belly fat once it’s not around? A lot of people don’t see it this way but say you go and do everything I talk about in this post or you join my 21 Day Extreme Kettlebell Challenge (wink, wink) and then all of a sudden your belly fat is gone and so, well then what?
Well what if you think that you kind of liked having belly fat? Well that would suck, actually, because now you just have “abs” or a flat stomach or whatever. But like I said a lot of people don’t think about this. Another thing that might be a problem is you might become healthier and live to a ripe old age. I know a lot of people are not very happy with the way the world is going so you have to think if improved health is really something you want right now.
Anyway these are just some things to think about and you should think about them because I wouldn’t want you to listen to my talk on Facebook Live and lose all your belly fat and then come back and tell me how sad you are.
Just know what you are getting yourself into, is all.
How to Lose Belly Fat. 10 Simple Tips!
1. Understand that “spot reduction” is a myth. If you want to lose belly fat, you have to get your body fat down overall.
2. Fat loss needs to be seen from three different perspectives: Fitness, Nutrition, Lifestyle. You can’t just come at it from one angle.
3. Exercise “In the Extremes.” Stick to mostly HIGH and LOW intensity exercise, while not spending too much time in the middle.
For example: High Intensity Training (Strength Training, Kettlebell Complexes, Sprints, etc), 2 – 4x/week + Brisk Walk Daily.
4. “Double your veggies, and cut your starches in half.” – Dr. Spencer Nadolsky
5. Follow the “Rule of 3, 100s”: 100 grams of protein (or more) a day + 100 grams of carbs (or less) a day + 100 ounces of water (or more ) a day.
6. “Order your food.” Fill up on the most nutrient dense, low calorie foods first. (Bowl of broccoli, for example). Then move onto your quality meats and healthy fats. Finish with starches.
7. Sleep is essential. Sleep helps to balance hormones and fight hunger cravings. No caffeine past noon, and no electronics before bed.
8. Consistency trumps intensity. “Little and often over the long haul.” Daniel John.
9. Meditate. Don’t try to fix mental problems with non-mental solutions.
10. Pick ONE to thing to work on, and focus 100% on that. Don’t try to do everything at once and overhaul your entire life. While that may work for some people, it often leads to overwhelm.
PS – You might also enjoy my 21 Day Extreme Kettlebell Challenge because even if you lose all your belly fat you will still find some way to get on in the world. You brave soul!