If you want to survive a Zombie apocalypse you have to be fit enough. That’s step one. Get in shape. After that you need to align yourself with people you can trust and find a safe-house with. You should also raid a doctors office when you get a chance and steal medical supplies and then a hardware store to get stuff to set traps and bludgeon the enemy.
Let’s talk about fitness. This is most important.
For those who don’t like watching people talk with their face and would rather read:
- General Physical Preparedness > Specific Physical Preparedness. Be strong all around and well-conditioned and flexible.
- Your training should consist of very frequent mobility and walking (daily), moderately frequent strength training (3 – 5x/week), and less frequent metabolic conditioning (1-3x/week).
- Strength training should be low rep, high weight. Stick to the fundamental human movements: Push, pull, hinge, squat, carry, twist. Do ten reps of each. Be consistent.
- Metabolic conditioning should be complexes, circuit training, sprints, etc. Mix it up. (See below.)
- Start fasting. This will increase your metabolic flexibility and make you more of a fat burner.
Also cut your hair and wear tight clothing so you aren’t grabbed as easy. If you are grabbed don’t let them bite you otherwise you’ll turn into one of them and will have to be put down. This is why it pays to be strong and have wrestling skills.
This guide features a full 4-week strength and conditioning program for toughening up the body, and a 5/2 Fasting Protocol so you can increase metabolic flexibility and become more of a fat burner, which is amazing, obviously.
PPS – I think it might also be fun if you left YOUR favorite Zombie Survival workout in the comments. Just a thought!